Health Insurance Associates, Inc

19525 Janacek Ct STE 101

Brookfield, WI 53045

Phone (262) 786-6666

Fax (262) 786-6731

© 2019 Health Insurance Associates, Inc

  • Facebook - Black Circle
  • Twitter - Black Circle
  • LinkedIn - Black Circle
  • Pinterest - Black Circle
Gp12Sgn_Elite+Badge.png
Health Insurance Associates, Inc

Medicare

Intro to Medicare Video

Understanding Your Medicare Choices

Medicare Advantage Plans

 

Medicare Part C is what is commonly referred to as a Medicare Advantage Plan.  They are regulated by CMS (Center for Medicare/Medicaid Services), a division of Social Security.  Most Part C plans combine Parts A, B, and D together in one benefit plan.  They will usually exceed the benefits provided by Parts A & B (Original Medicare).

 

Due to the rules of Medicare, we are not allowed to discuss benefits or premiums for any Medicare Advantage plan without first obtaining your permission.  This permission must be obtained through a document called a “Scope of Appointment” (see PDF below).  Once this is signed and returned to us, we are free to go over in great detail all the benefits and associated costs that are available to you.  Learn More...

Medicare Supplement Plans

 

A Medicare Supplement Insurance policy, also known as Medigap,  helps pay some of the health care costs that Original Medicare  (Parts A & B) doesn't cover.

 

Part A of Medicare currently has a $1340, 60 day deductible.

Part B of Medicare currently has a $183 annual deductible, then pays 80% of eligible expenses to an unlimited amount.  A basic supplement policy covers the other 20% of the part B charges, which is why most people on Medicare purchase either a Medicare Supplement or a Medicare Advantage plan.  They limit your financial exposure!

 

Options that can be added to a Medicare Supplement policy include:

  1. Paying the Part A deductible

  2. Paying the Part B deductible

  3. Adding copays for doctors office visits and emergency rooms (this decreases the premium)

  4. Increasing the Medicare allowed home visits from 40 to 365.

  5. Extra expenses coverage if a doctor does not accept Medicare assignment.

  6. Coverage while outside of the United States

 

If you have Original Medicare and you buy a Medicare Supplement policy, here's what happens:

  • Medicare will pay its share of the Medicare-approved amount for covered health care costs.

  • Then, your Supplement policy pays its share according to the options you have purchased.

 

Remember that Medicare Supplement plans only fill the gaps of Parts A & B of Medicare.  They DO NOT provide any Part D (Prescription Drug) benefits.  Therefore you must enroll in a Part D prescription drug plan.  These are also sold only through private insurance companies who are approved and regulated by Medicare.   To find the correct Part D plan for yourself, follow the directions in the PDF below labeled “How to research Part D plans”.  Learn More...